Leading up to conducting my first interview, I was not really sure what to expect. I found myself questioning myself about the questions I was going to ask. I am not ready to admit that I was nervous, but I definitely second guessed myself leading up to the interview. During the interview I was very calm, I knew my participant very well so there was no need to feel rushed or nervous once the actual interview got started. I wanted my participant to speak from his hearty, but I also know he is not a person that is very talkative, so I encourgaed to speak openly and say whatever was on his mind.
One of my worries was that he would give me 5 or 6 word answers to all of my questions and the interview would only go a few minutes. I was pleasantly surprised and actually quite impressed with my participants answers and it gave me confidence as the interview went on. I felt that I left some information on the table. Going forward in my next interviews I want to make sure that I dig deeper into my participants answers so that I can extract the information that I am looking for.
To my surprise I felt like my participant had gotten closer during the interview, I learned things about his thought process that I would have never known otherwise, I look forward to the rest of my interviews.
Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment