As I suspected Interview 2 went much better than my first interview. The nervousness was gone and I was more focused on pulling as much information out of my subject as possible. I found myself looking for buzz words or comments that I could use to ask follow up questions. It is amazing to me how much people are willing to share about their lives in different settings. I learned more about participant 2 in the past 40 minutes that I have in the past 6 months. As a coach you know that your players have deeper layers to them, but you very rarely get to see them because most of out time together is spent on the basketball.
After each of the last 2 interviews I have thought of questions that I will go back and ask my participants. As I was going thru the interviews I racked my brain to see if there was anything that I was missing. It wasn’t until I began to listen to the interviews that the questions came to me. I will follow up with each of my participants to ask them questions that I think will add greatly to my paper.
Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment