I was looking forward to this interview the most. My participant was the oldest of my other participants and I was sure that he wold answer my questions in a way that would let me be able to clearly see the development that an athlete goes through from the time they step on campus up until the time they are seniors and about to graduate and embark on a new journey in life. Participant 3 admitted to being a womanizer as a freshman in college. His only goal was to party and try and see how many women he could take home. Hearing him speak made me laugh inside, I to remember having those same goals as a young 18 year old kid. It amazes me how much young student athlete worry about women and partying. If they all worried about getting better on and off the court more of them would be able to make basketball a career. But when your a kid, the focus is different, the advice you are given goes in one ear and out the other. You Still think that you know everything. Then it happens. College ends and your now faced with the real world. Hearing some of the things that participant 3 said worried, but there were time when his word made me proud and I could see that deep down in him was something special that was going to break out.. I cant wait to start writing the final paper.
Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment