Thursday, November 24, 2011

Let the Coding Begin

With all of the transcribing done, which by the way was one of the most tedious tasks that I have ever had t complete it is now time to code. Each of my Interviews took about 25-35 minutes. As I was interviewing I was torn because one part of me wanted them to keep talking so that I could get some good information, and the other part of me wanted them to hurry it up so that I was not transcribing for 5 or 6 hours for each interview. I was thankful because my participants allowed me to use Imovie while i was recording, so not only did I get to hear their answers, I got to see there body language as they answered the questions. To my surprise I could see that some of the questions that I  asked them made some of them a little uncomfortable. Being able to go back and watch the interviews will give me more to talk about as I begin methodology section of my paper. Now I will begin to code each of the interviews so that I can find similarities between each of my participants. Dr. Collins showed us a number of different ways to code, but I have decided to go with the old fashion way and use different color high liters. Maybe when its time to do my PLAN B I will go and alternate direction.. 


Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment